Powered by Blogger.

☆。Thanks for visiting。☆

☆。Thanks for visiting。☆

Contact Panda

Name

Email *

Message *

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

☆Quincy's New Tank☆


I'm back for a little update on my new friend Quincy! If you'd like, you can check out my first post introducing him before reading this one.
I thought I would post an update since it's been a couple weeks. While at the pet store, I saw so many pretty Bettas. It made me want to buy more! But until I'm comfortable with taking care of one, I won't get more~ I got Quincy a new tank for himself while I was there though. That was the reason I was there in the first place. He seems to really like it even though it's smaller than I would like. However, this tank has a filter system and was 1/3 of the price of a plain glass bowl. Here are a couple shots of his new tank!

Up close & personal

Tank view


As you can see, his tail is a bit weird. Like I mentioned in the last post, our aquarium fish started to bother him after a few days of being together.

However~ It's slowly growing back! He's been spreading his fins more now so I think he's a lot happier and less stressed.






I got him a little column decoration. It was small and cute. He really likes to swim around it. He also likes to hide behind his little plant as well. 
The tank came with that background though I'm not sure if Quincy can see it since that part is a little reflective. He saw his reflection and I got to see him flare for the first time! He got used to it after a couple days and doesn't pay attention to it anymore though~



This tank has it's own kind of filtering system which is why, despite the size, I bought it for him. Changing his water so often was just going to annoy and stress him out. 
There's a little drain at the bottom that all the leftover food and poop falls into. Once it goes in there, it stops being in the water so he's not just swimming around in the particles. To give him fresh water before, I would need to take him out almost every time. Now I just pour some new water in and the old water gets pushed into this little container on the back. Once that's full you just empty it and put it back. Of course I'll still do full water changes to get completely new water and to clean the drain, but thanks to this, I won't have to do it as much as before. 

The top is open for easy pouring, but I recently found out my old cat was drinking Quincy's water. So now there's a little net covering it! He hasn't bothered it anymore luckily. We're trying to teach him to stay of the counters in this house, but after years of being let on the counter, he isn't going to learn too soon.

The food I feed him are these little Betta pellets. I feed him three times a day, usually giving him 2-4 pellets each time. I spoil him a bit sometimes because he has a really cute 'feed me, I think I'm starving' dance. Once or twice a week I give him a few of the fish flakes I fed him before I got the pellets. I'll probably do some more research and see what else to feed him for a variety in diet. 

・。・゜・。・゜・。・゜・。・

That's about it for this little update on Quincy! I hope you enjoyed it. If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave a comment or message me! Thanks for reading!





✿Links✿
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates